E-Bulletin January 6, 2014

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Monday, January 06, 2014

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

Growing up I remember times with my Dad in a boat. Sometimes we would go to the middle of lake to fish or just ride around. When he let me drive the boat, I remember how important it was to fix my eyes on the destination…the place on the shore where we wanted to land. Without fixing the destination, it was easy to drift off course, and even get lost.

For me today, the Word of God reveals my destination, that which I am to fix my attention and energies. While reading this past week, I felt the Lord gave me a few verses for my 2014 focus. By keeping these verses in mind, I will not drift off course and find myself lost in the world. Psalm 32:8-9 says, “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you.”

The Lord himself is my destination. My main responsibility each day is to look to him, listening to his word for direction, and maintaining a teachable spirit. He promised to be my counselor. I must desire his counsel and listen closely to what he says. The Christian life is not “hard” in the sense of unattainable or complicated. As we rely on the grace of God and exercise simple trust and faith, we will stay on course, one day landing on the shore to be ever with him. Keep your destination in mind!

 

       

 -Pastor Mark

 

WEEK OF PRAYER—Prayer Schedule:

Sunday, January 5th, 6PM at Highway Tabernacle;  1801 Spring Garden St; Philadelphia, PA 19130

Monday, January 6th, 7PM at Calvary Assembly of God;  7910 Washington Ln; Wyncote, PA 19095

Tuesday, January 7th, 7PM at Northeast Assembly of God;  3502 Stanwood St.; Philadelphia, PA 19136

Wednesday, January 8th, 7PM at Oasis City Church;  5248 N. 5th St.; Philadelphia, PA 19120

Thursday, January 9th, 7PM at Lighthouse Family Community Church; 3406-9 N. Front St. Philadelphia, PA 19160

 

When I work, I work. When I pray, God works.

 

 

CARE GROUPS—This Sunday evening at 6PM we will be meeting in our Care Groups. We encourage you to get connected. Our Care Groups ministry is a terrific way to build closer  relationships with the Body of Christ here as well as encouraging each other in our walk with God.

 

Closet Organizers Unite! Mandi Spears will be cleaning and organizing closets at Highway.  If you would love to get in there and straighten things out, Mandi would love your help!  Mandi is also exploring the possibility of starting a clothing distribution at Resurrection Life with some of school parents. If you are interested in working with her, please let us know.

 

 

New! Give to Highway On-Line!

Go to http://give.highwaytab.org

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM;  Thursday @ 7PM (Bible study, children and youth ministries)

Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon; Wednesday @ 7PM (Bible study)

The Bridge Youth @ RLC, Friday Evenings

5th-8th Grade 4:30-9PM

9th-12th Grade 6-9PM

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

 

No comments: