E-bulletin 8/25/15

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

I love learning new insights and truth. But, what I need most in life is greater depth and obedience to the truth already in my heart. The past few weeks, the Lord has been reminding me of Philippians 4:4 which says, “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!” Think of rejoicing as the act of finding “re-joy”, that is, reminding the Lord and ourselves that He is the great joy of life. I find the best way to rejoice in the Lord is to praise him as I go about my daily schedule. Even if the day is difficult, my eyes of faith can be opened to the blessings of his hand all around me. No matter how good or bad the circumstances, we can always rejoice in his absolute sovereignty!  Another way I rejoice in the Lord is by listening to godly music. The car radio is programmed to a Christian station, and I “enjoy” rejoicing in the Lord by listening and singing along with Christian artists who praise and exalt Jesus. Every time I say (or sing) thank you to the Lord, I am rejoicing again in his faithfulness. The Apostle Paul went on in chapter 4 to warn us about “thieves” which can steal our joy. Watch out for the thief of anxiety. In our world filled with pressures, deadlines, and responsibilities, it’s easy to forget to praise our source of joy and strength. In our “leave God out” culture, we are saturated with stories of people rejoicing in everything else but God. Our story can be different. As our Sister Fanny Crosby reminds us (in the Hymn, Blessed Assurance), “This is my story, this is my song, Praising my Savior all the day long…”

Rejoice in the Lord always! Philippians 4:4

 

Pastor Mark Boucher

 

TUESDAY, 6:30 PM, Hope 4 Philly Planning Meeting at Mercy Neighborhood Ministries.

FRIDAY, NOON, Hour of Prayer at Resurrection Life Church.

FRIDAY, 3-6 PM, Soccer Clinic for 2nd-8th grades at Resurrection Life Church.

FRIDAY, 6-8 PM, Work Night with University of Valley Forge soccer team at Resurrection Life Church.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 30, 9:15-9:45 AM, Open Door Café open at Highway Tabernacle.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 30, 10:30-11:30 AM, Sunday morning prayer at Resurrection Life Church.

SUNDAY, AUGUST 30, 6-7:15PM, Daniel Bible Study: Session 8 at Highway Tabernacle.

 

 

 

Give on-line: http://give.highwaytab.org

Highway Tabernacle, Resurrection Life, SGA, and NextGen

You can now help support our school, Spring Garden Academy, when you use Amazon Smile. We are listed under Highway Mission Tabernacle. Every time an order is placed through Amazon Smile, a donation will be made to help our children in Philadelphia.

 

Here is our link to Amazon Smile.

https://smile.amazon.com/ch/23-1365244

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM; Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

 

 

 

No comments: