E-Bulletin 9/15/14

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Monday, September 15, 2014

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

God, in his awesome wisdom, divided our lives up into small units. We call them “days”. Each morning we wake up and have the gift and opportunity of another round of life. By the grace of God, we’re not stuck in the past. Writing to the   Philippians, Paul spoke about his quest for knowing Jesus in the present. He wrote, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made  perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead…” Phil. 3:12-13. I feel most effective and alive when I adopt the biblical attitude of pressing to take hold of Christ today. This posture of heart reminds of an interview I saw with a professional baseball player. He was asked about his mindset when he stepped up to the plate for a new at bat. He explained it something like this, “I try to forget about what I did in my last at-bat. You see, if I got a good hit previously, I might become proud and think it’s ok if I strike out this time. Or, if I struck out last time, I may be intimidated and feel like I can’t hit this guy. So, the best thing I can do is focus on the moment and concentrate everything on getting a hit now.” I like that attitude. If I had a bad day yesterday, I can go to Jesus, repent, and focus on today. If I had an awesome day yesterday, I don’t want to just coast along on those accomplishments, but do all I can to advance God’s kingdom now. May the Lord help us as we seek to live full of his Holy Spirit right now! Yesterday doesn’t matter so much…it’s where we are headed today.  

             Pastor Mark Boucher

 

TUESDAY, Deacons’ Meeting, 6PM @ Highway Tabernacle.

THURSDAY, FAMILY NIGHT 7-8:15 PM (extended hours for kids and youth who register, 4-9pm) @ Highway Tabernacle.  Call 215-563-9192 for information.

FRIDAY, FAMILY NIGHT 7-8:30 PM (extended hours for kids and youth who register, 4-9pm) @ Resurrection Life.  Call 215-226-1000 for information.

SATURDAY, Philly Convoy of Hope. (see Pastor Mark or Pastor Finney for more details).

NEXT SUNDAY, Guest speaker, Pastor Jason Jablonski  @ 6PM.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

SEPT. 28th, Water baptism am service @ Highway Tabernacle.

SEPT. 28th, Back to School Sunday @ Highway Tabernacle and Resurrection Life Church.  Music by our kids.  Special gifts for all students.

 

A special thanks to all who helped with our Family Night Launch at Highway on Thursday and Resurrection on Friday.  It was great to connect with each other and our community.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Give on-line: http://give.highwaytab.org

Highway Tabernacle, Resurrection Life, SGA, and NextGen

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM; Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

No comments: