E-Bulletin May 12, 2014

HIGHWAY TABERNACLE ~ RESURRECTION LIFE

Monday, May 12, 2014

“Following Jesus and Loving People”

 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the Mothers and Spiritual Mothers!

Abraham Lincoln once said, “I remember my mother’s prayers, and they have always followed me, they have clung to me all my life.”

As I reflect on today being Mother’s Day, I am reminded of my own mother, who is the definition of a godly, selfless woman and mother. As I look over my life,  I am reminded that I would not be who I am and be in the place of ministry that I am today, if it had not been for my mother and the example that she laid before me. My brothers, sisters, and I always knew that mom was praying for us whether it was because we had an earache, had a broken heart, were taking a big test, were working an overnight shift and had to drive home on snowy roads, or were flying across the ocean to an unknown land.

I am so thankful that God allowed me the honor of being raised by a God-fearing mother. We did not have excess growing up, but the one thing that we did have was the love, discipline, and teaching from a godly mother. My mother has always been a woman who was not afraid to let us know that she was praying for and supporting us, who showed through action what it meant to live unselfishly, and who would point us to Jesus at the most pivotal points of our lives. Because of her example, perseverance, prayers, tears, and hard work her children not only know Jesus, but are serving him today.

So I challenge you, what legacy are you leaving behind for your children? What are the things for which you will be remembered? Will you be remembered for wanting to have a clean house or for the time you took to make memories with your children and point them to Jesus? There is nothing greater that my mother could have given me than a rich heritage in Jesus, and there is nothing greater that you can give your child/children than giving them Jesus and being a godly example.

I want to leave you with this verse from Proverbs 31

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised..

Pastor Kasey DeMars

 

LOVE IN ACTION HOMELESS OUTREACH will take place this Tuesday, May 13th at 7PM. We will meet at Café Cret located at 110 N. 16th Street. Food will be ready and people are asked to bring back packs to help carry supplies.  If you would like to donate towards this ministry you can mark it “Love in Action” or see Roland and Thecla for the items needed.

Wednesday-Bible study 7 PM @ RLC

 

Thursday-Family Night Ministries 7PM @ HT.  Ladies will be meeting in the nursery area for Bible study. Our youth and  children will meet in their classes.  Men will meet in the Pastor’s office and share God’s Word.

 

Sunday, Care Groups at 6PM

 

 KIDS’ FUN ARTS – Saturday, May 17th, 8 am – 3pm, Resurrection Life

Lots of volunteers are needed as we host the Kids’ Fun Arts event for our section.  Please see the back table this morning to see how you can help with greeting, parking, food, and/or judging!  It will be a wonderful day as we celebrate the talents God has given our children.

 

 

 

 Give on-line: http://give.highwaytab.org

Highway Tabernacle, Resurrection Life, SGA, and NextGen

 

Weekly Schedules

Highway Tabernacle: Morning Prayer @ 9AM; Sunday Worship @ 10AM;  Thursday @ 7PM (Bible study, children and youth ministries)

Resurrection Life: Sunday Worship @ 12Noon; Wednesday @ 7PM (Bible study)

The Bridge Youth @ RLC, Friday Evenings

5th-8th Grade 4:30-9PM

9th-12th Grade 6-9PM

 

 

If you are having trouble viewing the E-Bulletin or wish to be removed from the mailing list, please send an email to: Office@HighwayTabernacle.org

 

No comments: